The Fijialla (Unroasted)
- 500g of any meat or vegetables
- 1 tsp ginger, crushed
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 onions, sliced fine
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp Kumari’s Fijialla Masala (Unroasted)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- chilli and salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pot/saucepan and sauté the sliced onions until golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic, and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the Kumari’s unroasted Fijialla Masala and saute for a minute without burning. If necessary sprinkle some water in the pot to prevent burning and sticking.
- Add the meat (or vegetables) and stir until it is sealed.
- Optional – add turmeric and chilli as desired. Mix well.
- To make the gravy, add a cup of water and the diced tomato.
- Quickly bring to a boil and then lower the heat to simmer until done.
- Once ready, ideally rest the dish for at least one hour before serving with chapattis or naan bread.