Dukkah Chicken and Roasted Carrots
No compromises here with a delicious and easy to cook meal that ticks all the boxes for flavour. Sweet, savoury, a little crunch and a touch of freshness. Yum!
- 1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup Egyptian Dukkah
- 4 small chicken breasts
- 1 baby red cos lettuce heart, leaves separated
- 60g baby rocket
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 100g feta, crumbled
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced.
- Place carrots in a small baking paper-lined roasting pan. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine lemon rind, dukkah and remaining oil in a small bowl.
- Rub all over chicken and place chicken in a separate baking paper-lined roasting pan.
- Roast chicken and carrots for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and carrots are tender. Slice chicken.
- Meanwhile, make Honey dressing: Whisk honey, vinegar and oil in a bowl.
- Arrange lettuce, rocket, carrot, mint, parsley and fetta on serving plates. Drizzle with dressing. Top with sliced chicken.
- Serve and enjoy!
Credit to Taste for recipe