Tandoori chicken is a chicken dish prepared by roasting chicken marinated in yogurt and spices in a tandoor, a cylindrical clay oven. The dish originated from the Indian subcontinent and is popular in many other parts of the world.
- 1kg skinless chicken whole/pieces
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- 12 garlic cloves
- 2tsp lemon Juice
- 2tsp vinegar
- 2tsp cooking oil
- 2tsp Kumari’s Tandoori Masala Mix
- Ghee for basting
- Salt to taste
- Blend the garlic, vinegar, cooking oil, yoghurt, Kumari’s Tandoori Masala mix and salt to a fine paste.
- Make deep scores on the chicken and marinate it in the lemon juice for 15 minutes.
- Apply the blended paste all over the chicken and let it marinate for 2 or 3 hours.
- Grill/Roast in hot griller/oven for 30-40 minutes, basting with Ghee from time to time until the chicken is tender.
- Once ready, serve immediately with wedges of lemon and naan bread.